We will be gathering online this Sunday but not in person.
Friends and Members of Hope United Methodist Church: Grace and peace to you in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. As of the writing of this letter, the Ohio Department of Public Health has confirmed 5 cases of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in the State of Ohio, including 3 of those in Cuyahoga County residents. This has prompted much discussion at the local church and childcare levels, as well as in the City of Bedford. We have been keeping our ears open on conversations had by Bedford City School District officials, as well as other churches in our community. All of us are seeking to prevent the spread of COVID-19, and to modify our practices so that we can adhere to state and federal guidelines. We will continue to follow the advice of the Cuyahoga County Board of Health and other prevention agencies as we work to keep everyone safe and healthy. We also want to provide the best care to all the members of our church and our community who come through our doors and walk our streets.
We will NOT be gathering to worship together this Sunday, and will be cancelling all in person worship services until further notice along with all coffee hour fellowship times. We WILL be streaming our worship service through Facebook this Sunday, and will also be recording it. While we recognize that not all of you will be able to join us online, this is the best and safest option we have at this time.
At this time we’re also advising all non-essential small groups to cease meeting, though not mandating it. Please remain home from any event of any kind if you’re not feeling yourself or are dealing with a cough or sneezing. For those things that will be gathering please follow these items:
- COVER YOUR COUGH IN YOUR ELBOW AT ALL TIMES!
- When worship resumes we will ensure you have ample notice, and that we also have good practices in place for our communities safety.
- We request that all nonessential programming be stopped at this time. We have asked our custodial staff to be diligent in cleaning doorknobs, railings, and handles, as well as common spaces.
- We ask that you do not go visit shut-ins or those in nursing homes at this time. Please send cards or call on the phone, but use the utmost discretion about visiting those who are vulnerable.
- We will continue to operate our Wednesday evening community meal and the Fr. Dan’s food pantry, though we will notify you if any changes are made in regards to operation or distribution practices at either of these events through discussion with Missions leadership.
- We will also continue to operate the clothing closet at the Mission Center, and will notify you if any changes to our operations of this ministry change.
- We encourage everyone to practice proper handwashing according to the CDC guidelines when they enter the building, before they leave the building, and when they return home.
Please reach out to the Church Office if you have needs or questions.
You can always watch past sermons on our website at https://themissionofhope.org/sermon-archive/
To ensure you get information from us please follow these instructions for our texting system and also monitor your email, the church facebook, and our website for any updates.
To join the Flocknote/Text Messaging: Text the word TEXT4HOPE to 84576
Our goal, now more than ever, is to be in ministry with one another and to our community in ways that share God’s love and keep our community safe.
Rev. Andrew Scott, OSL
Pastor, Hope United Methodist Church